- What is a TweetChat? It's when a group of people gather together on Twitter to discuss a selected topic.
- Who can participate? Anyone with an interest in or passion for children's illustration. We discuss art and working in illustration in general, in picture books, comics, novels, etc.
- How do I participate?
- Have a Twitter account.
- Use a software like HootSuite or TweetDeck to track the conversation.
- Whenever you tweet something directed at the group, or topic, use the #kidlitart hashtag so that we will see your comment. Without it, you are invisible to those who aren't following you on Twitter.
- Keep the topic in mind during the chat. Talk can often veer off-topic as organically happens in conversation. However, do not use the chat as an opportunity to spam everyone with a link to a new book or product. If someone asks, feel free to mention it, but we are chatting together to share and connect, not sell.
- Have fun and don't feel intimidated. We are a friendly bunch! Chats can fly by pretty quickly. If you just want to watch, by all means, but feel free to re-ask a question if it is overlooked in the rush.
- When is the chat? Chats are held every Thursday at 9:00pm, Eastern/Standard Time. They officially last for one hour.
- What if I miss the chat? We try to transcribe all of our chats, and a transcript will appear here on the blog a day or two after the chat has occurred. This is great for gathering mentioned websites, recommended materials, etc.
This is the blog home of #kidlitart, a live Twitter chat Thursdays at 9:00 pm Eastern, for children's book illustrators, picture book authors, author/illustrators and friends. Check back weekly to read transcripts, comment on previous chats and suggest topics for upcoming chats.